View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 05:13 AM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by FIIGMO View Post
Elvis,

I know you did not write this but here is my view on one point. (check my math it is eary)

UAL will never get a 43% pay raise in the next three years to beat this TA.

12 yr

Current UAL 747 rate $190
Current DAL rate 226

end of 3 years with 20% in this TA

DAL $271
UAL to Match 190*1.43

I dont like this TA either, but does anyone think UAL will get a 43% pay raise to match us in the next 3 years? Do we send this back? Will we get better rates, COLA, Scope? If this TA is voted down what arbitrator will say "your right 20% pay raise was not enough, DAL cough up more!" ****History is not in our favor. The question I have to ponder is what are the alternatives, pluses and minuses to a yes or no vote. The comparison math has to be a factor in looking forward as well as contract language.

I hope the debate stays the course here on APC, get informed look at the big picture, stay respectful. These are opinions, questions and points of view. Change and open minds with intellect not insults.....

**** I assume here the company drags this out the old fashion way and we are sitting here 3 years later at the table of an arbitrator. At that time he awards us 15-20%, but for 3 years we gained nothing. Just may be the risk we have to take
Maybe, but maybe not. That is the question. We have a comprehensive TA that either side can pull down, but why would you? Its done, and a complete product. I also suspect that this contract needs to be done to access capital to do what they want to do going forward. The bandwidth appears to be really tight, but question if there was some more time. I though we would see a deal in mid to late June with MEMRAT done nlt than late Aug. I still think that the go point is late Aug, getting this done early just allows more time to get ready. Just my .02