View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 05:46 AM
scambo1
The Brown Dot +1

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: 777B

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
True ... and because of the wording of the survey it was all the opening needed to "constructively engage" a scope carve out to be relevant at the bargaining table.

Kind of like a day with a deferred APU and the cabin at 100 degrees. If you ask passengers what they want they will say "cool down the cabin." If you asked, "would you like us to remove half the wing bolts to fix the APU ?" then the answer would be "NO!"

Substantively, C12 TA is driven by scope concerns. It removes any pretense of DCI being anything other than an alter ego for Delta Air Lines. But, it is balanced better than anything yet written. Frankly, I am very glad our MEC kept the line at 76 seats. That was not easy work.

There are some real gains here. We may not have a big headline number, but our steady progress has put us at the top of our legacy peer group by a sizable margin. I also think there is a good possibility that traditional Section 6 would not get us nearly as good a deal. There are a lot of variables in Section 6 and thus far UCAL, US Air, and American are not holding up their end of the house.
Bar;

Buddy;

Are you crazy?

You and I MUST be reading a different document.

By the way, the line was already at 76 seats.

Now, Republic can upguage LEGALLY beyond 76 seats. Then they codeshare through Alaska and they are flying DAL pax on airbusses and other 130 seat jets.