View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 12:38 AM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by PilotFrog View Post
After just a couple of days of reading and exploring and what ifs, I've decided that the company wants this, and they will come back to the table quite quickly after we vote this down.

Personal opinion, but it seems that they can't wait 3 years, so the TVM argument is moot because it is something they need and for once we hold all the cards. The problem is what they need I am not sure we will ever agree to give ie more large RJs

Very interesting how the AT agreement with SWA works right in with the new DAL agreement with SWA. Transition of the AT 717s to SWA start in Jan of 2013, instead they start coming to us.
Then in 2015, when our contract finally catches up to 2012 SWA rates, the 717 rates at AT would snap to SWA 737 rates leaving our 717 drivers WAY behind what 717s SWA still has left.

Just be glad you aren't that first displaced AT 717 Capt.
I'll betcha a cold one the company won't take all the 717s if we turn this down. Know why? Because there won't be as much DCI lift that will need to be replaced, because we will be stuck with the 50 seaters for a lot longer. It's just simple math.

And the company will still have us in a BK contract. Why would they hurry? They always have plan B, and it doesn't necessarily include us. DYODD