View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Superpilot92
Underboob King

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Guppy Commander

Originally Posted by DelDah Capt View Post
Well, I'm not sure you get my point, because in answer to your original question, yes, if I could somehow use 717s to improve scope, I'd do it.

So let me answer my own questions (in a condescending and pontificating way ):

1) The purpose of our Scope clause should be to do everything to ensure that Delta pilots fly Delta passengers

2) From a Delta pilot's perspective, there is no difference between any of those passengers....they were all outsourced....don't care if it was on a big plane or a little plane. Either way, some of their ticket money went to somebody elses' pilot.

This Scope makes it harder for Delta management to outsource a passenger. There are simply fewer seats for them to stash passenger butts on. Further, for the first time, this Scope demands that Delta pilots must do a certain percentage of the flying....and as 76 seaters are added (even though overall seats decline) the amount of contractual flying that we demand actually increases.
i agree with all that you're saying, my point is i think we can have that without giving any further scope away, we have to be willing to say no to this to even have a chance at it though. Giving up anything after all that has been given by the industry's pilots is a joke.

its like the old loan is due in full thought process, i'm not saying we need to be unrealistic but theres no reason we should be giving up anything further in scope. Making scope stronger is great on the other points but we shouldnt need to give up my big rj's for it. ESPECIALLY with weak pay raises, cuts in PS, sick time program, and working reserves more etc