Old 05-25-2012, 09:55 AM
alfaromeo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by poostain View Post
Answer A. 700
Answer B. 1000

Ok now you answer a couple of questions:

1st, please explain in detail where you are getting the mainline to DCI block hours from AND why you only used domestic block hours?

Reason: in section 1 of the TA page1-14 9. it states "The Company will maintain a minimum ratio of revenue block hours of company flying on all narrowbody aircraft and all B-767-300(non-ER) aircraft"
No where in section 1 does it talk about domestic block hours only.

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! why? because we fly 757 to europe, south america, and interpol asia. How many block hours does this count for?

When someone states we are protected by this block hour ratio deal using only domestic block hours i cringe. It is not in our section 1 language!

The company can easily show that they are in compliance as we shrink do to this fun paragraph that lets them count the international block hours on "all narrowbody aircraft"
We got the numbers from OAG (online airline guide?) and then backed the numbers up with data from Delta.

The ratios were figured by fleet (as in the contract) so I use the term domestic block hours as a stand in for those fleets. We first looked at trying to break out the 757 fleet in Narita but the numbers were too small so it made it easier to compute and track the ratios by fleet. The key was to look at what aircraft would be "competing" for the same type of flying as DCI aircraft. Certainly flights to Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean can be done by RJ's and the 757's have stopped flying to Europe and don't go deep South America much if at all. So when I say "domestic block hours" I am really talking about the block hours of those fleets listed in Section 1 which do well over 95% of their flying in what we would call domestic.

So regardless of where those planes fly, they produce block hours for pilots and block hours create jobs. The Section 1 language does it by fleet and that is what the protection is based on. I just used the term domestic because that is probably more familiar to people than trying to list the fleets.