Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 03:33 AM
Bassman1985
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: E-175 CA

Originally Posted by Cruz5350 View Post
Well I closed a short small chapter in my career. Today looked like my last day of flying in the NE now that I'm heading south to FL. It was an awesome experience and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Those who want to come here, people in class, and guys up here already you have some awesome co-workers and Captains. Everyone has been extremely helpful in teaching me the ropes and it's much appreciated. Listen to what your Captains have to say, some of the guys have been here since it's opened and their experience is invaluable. Hopefully I'll get the chance to come back up here when I upgrade. As always if you have any questions PM.
I'll be seeing you in FLL next month, bro. Just celebrated my last day up north yesterday. Been in BFD nearly a year now, going over to the Saab in the class on the 4th. See you at the Springhill Suites.

To all you junior guys, enjoy Florida while you can, the staffing bid will probably throw things in a blender as far as where you are flying. There are lot of senior pilots who have just been waiting for TPA and ATL to pop up and become crew bases on the Saab. But the good news is, if you get displaced, you get moving expenses. The northeast is nice, as long as you don't mind snow and small towns. The people up here are tops, and it's like a family with the crews, ramp agents and managers. BFD is a great base, and the experience you accumulate up here will be invaluable to your career and your flying skills. Pay attention and always be ready to learn.