View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 07:06 PM
alfaromeo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by NuGuy View Post
Guys,

Its clear that there are some glaring and critical errors that have been made with this TA.

It is time to practices some TEM... Threat and error management.

Several of the threats have already been listed...it is time to manage the errors before they lead to an unacceptable outcome.

Remember, the goal of TEM is not to assign blame, but to put the aircraft in a safe condition, reevaluate, and move ahead.

I see some of the supporter's postings, and I'm just reminded of an stubborn guy, pressing a bad, unstable approach, and he keeps saying "just wait, it will come together", when the SAFEST course of action is to go around, get the aircraft stable, and set up for another approach...one that follows the criteria more closely.

Alfa said :" I still don't understand what this issue is with Republic and Skyteam, I haven't yet heard one description of this that makes a lick of sense to me. Why would Delta try to make Frontier grow and prosper? They can't put any Delta passengers on Frontier or some C-Series jet whenever that paper airplane actually flies"

The last time I heard hubris like this was from the fNWA NC saying that there was no possible combination of events that would lead NWA to park then DC-9s in favor of the 76 seaters. "They need the lift" we were told.

We all know how that turned out. Are we ready to make exactly the same mistake again?

There have been a number of cases where TA's have been pulled from consideration to be reworked. It's time we thought about doing that.

Nu
Well I can't believe any fNWA pilot not knowing that their management intended to park DC-9's and replace them with 76 seaters. It is in their bankruptcy filings in black and white. Surely you took the time to read the filings and the transcripts. They have a detailed analysis of how DC-9's were unprofitable, how even newer A-319's were overgauged for those markets, and how they needed the 76 seaters to fill in the gap. You can't have been surprised when they replaced the DC-9's, it wasn't a secret.

If I missed something in this Republic thing help me out. Delta cannot place any code, enter in a joint venture, or enter into a profit/loss arrangement with Frontier unless they negotiate with us. Frontier and Skyteam? Give me the route network on that supposal. Frontier feeds Air France and KLM in Denver to go to Paris and AMS? Isn't there already a pretty big carrier in Denver that flies to Europe? If Frontier wanted to feed someone wouldn't it be United?

I like your aircraft analogy. You sound to me like a guy that is calling go around at 30,000 feet because "well something might go wrong on the approach." Your "reevaluate and move ahead" path will probably mean three or four more years with no additional protections, so how does that reduce the threat? You sound like we are loosening restrictions rather than not tightening them enough for you. As some point our agreements with Republic will run out. At that time they will be gone because Delta is not happy with the Frontier play. Until that time, you cannot buy out of that contract, at least with the money we have to play with.

I see Frontier as a dying carrier. They have no route network, they have no mass, they don't even have a unique product like Virgin America, they are just one more struggling carrier living day to day on the ultra low labor costs they have. If there was some value there, then why hasn't someone ponied up the money to buy them? It can't be worth more than $100 million or so, Delta could buy them with pocket change. If I had a nickel for every goofy idea that Bedford trots out to the press to gain attention, then I would have a lot of nickels. Delta and United could squash Frontier like a bug if it was worth squashing them.

So if you can show me a way where one Delta passenger on Delta code gets on a Frontier jet, then I will reevaluate. Until then, it seems like a boogy man that has no teeth.