Old 05-27-2012, 08:46 PM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
Alfa and Slow:

Wrt to the ratios in DCI and the 717:

Are the ratios based upon known retirements and deliveries?

Do the ratios include adding the 717?

Do the ratios guarantee growth or just no more stagnation?

If the company gets all 88 717's and exercises all options for the 76 seat platform, what will mainlines fleet count be? DCI?

If you are unwilling or unable to answer the above question; given the ratios and known fleet plan at mainline, how many growth 717's would we be getting over current mainline jet count?

A follow on:
What is the expected ratio of mainline growth to newly allowed 76 seat jets. Less than 1:1 in favor of DCI? Better than 1:1? If so by how much?

What these ratios seems to imply is one "growth" snb to every newly allowed large 76 seat jet. The numbers guys are saying best case we see a fleet of about 770 or about where we were at SOC.

Please show your work. I am curious about this and what real growth if any this will result in with the work rule changes.

Thanks,

Want to make an informed vote.
The way I read it, the block hour ratios are based on the number of 76s that DCI gets. If they get all 233 of them, the mainline block hours must be 1.56 that of DCI. SO if the company then parked anything up to ans including the 767-300 domestic, they would still have to maintain that ratio, ergo, they would have to fly the remaining airplanes that much more. There would be a point of diminishing return for parking airframes, but the rations would still have to be honored. So let's say they parked all the 757s. Since we have the stupid seat productivity pay schemes.. I am sure guys would be displaced to smaller airframes, BUT.. those block hours would still have to be maintained as if the 757 were still on the property.. so guys would be flying the same airframes more. Since an airplane can only fly 24 hours in one day.. the math is self limiting. It makes furlough all but impossible.. (And the furlough protections wrt the 76 seaters is punative to the company anyway so I really don't see THAT as an issue anyway) Anyway.. just my opinion, but since Carl is the king of all this I am sure he will be along in a minute to explain where I am wrong.