View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 09:13 PM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by LivingTheDream View Post
I really don't understand the debate on this TA. In 2015, the 7er will pay $216. In 2004, the 7er paid 267. So 11 years later, it will pay $51 less (or 19% less). 11 years later!

Did anyone think we would have any chance of meaningful restoration without a fight?

If we have any hope of truly restoring this profession, we will have to go to the mattresses. Period. (It definitely won't come from a 2 month, Neville Chamberlin, peace in our time, TA.

This not an LOA/MOU. This is our 1st section 6 since BK. I would hope our goal would be significant (i.e., large) gains in all areas of the contract.

I for one, am not ready to throw the towel in on this profession. I hope that the majority agrees.
Yet on Jan 1st, a DAL MD88 Captain will make more than a United 747 captain. It is funny that there was so much angst over a SWA guy making more than OUR whale drivers, but when it comes down to us making that, it is still not enough. When do you think that UAL or USAir will exceed those rates? Have either of those groups got a contract in the foreseeable future that will eclipse our rates? By the end of this, we will even have the amazing SWA in our rear view. It is a fact that this is industry leading in pay.

So do you think that management or the NMB (when and if the time comes) will look at out case for C2K + and say... well... yeah.. even though they turned down rates that were higher than the rest of the ENTIRE INDUSTRY.. we see their plight, and will give them what they asked for... really?

Or... do you think that we can use the same play book that the oh so great SWAPA ( you know.. the one that ya'll seem to think hung the moon?) has used for years and years and get a little bit at a time? No.. I see us voting this down, and doing the same old thing, the same old way... and it will take a few years to get back to where we are right now. Cure the "fear tactics" guys in 3...2...1........