View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 09:10 AM
HotMamaPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: FO - 757/767

Originally Posted by crewdawg View Post
To the OP: One word---->Chicks!

You do realized that some people, on this board, are happy in their career?

What was your W2 last year?

Lucky for me, I grew up in a family that rarely celebrated holidays on the actual day. It's just a day, celebrate when everyone can be there...it's more meaningful.

As I see more and more of your posts, I'm beginning to think the alienation isn't caused by aviation...

Not insulted at all...but this is an idiotic statement.

Skylover: While HMP may seem fanatical, she is voice of dissent, and be sure not to discount here posts. Make sure you take into consideration, posts like hers and not just the posts that are what you want to hear. It's hard to pull emotion out of it and make practical decisions.

I can tell you I've had a great time with it so far. I've done both the civilian route as well as military, and I've had a blast. I'd highly recommend the military route if you've ever considered it. Check in the Air National Guard/Air Force Reserve. You'll do some of the most exciting/challenging flying you could ever imagine and will get paid well while doing it. Sure you will miss holidays/events, but have a long list of friends who have the same problem in their career fields...it's not just aviation.

Goodluck!
Crewdawg:
Thanks for your post. Rather than answer each of your questions, let me ask one: are you married with children?
The reason I ask is that it seems like the real happy folks are the people that have no obligations at base. Like the guy who thinks that growing a mustache in may is enough in and of itself to get into aviation. The word juvenile comes to mind.