View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 09:50 AM
brn2fly72
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: 767 FO, CH-47 PI

Originally Posted by HotMamaPilot View Post
Oh dear Lord, haven't you read ANYTHING on these boards?! Do not pursue aviation as a career. Why are you even considering it? The low pay? Career stagnation? Missed holidays with loved ones? Alienation from friends and family? Which one is it. Only a moron would get into aviation today. If that's an insult to all the thin-skinned, then so be it.

Skylover, please look at all sides. HMP is a glass is have empty type of person. Unfortunately there are more negative posts about the airline industry like her's than there is positive post here. I know several pilots that love what they do and don't post on here. I am a glass have full type of person. I have flown for almost 20 years now and plan on another 20. I have flown in the Air Force and the Army as a crew-member and pilot; I currently fly 767 internationally and CH-47 for a Guard Unit. I can tell for sure that I love flying more today than when I started; and I make less than HMP. Sure it has its ups and downs and we miss a lot of holidays/anniversary/birthdays but my family celebrates them when we are together (married and three kids).

Again please read all you can and ask a lot of questions. Make sure if you decide to enter aviation/airline industry as a pilot that you have a back up if you lose your medical.

Don't become one of those miserable pilots that complaints all the time and can't get out.

"Find something you love to do and you will never work a day in your life"