Thread: Saying NO and dealing with the NMB

Jack Bauer , 05-29-2012 10:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Jack Bauer
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2007
Quote: How much would I give up turning down this TA? Well, gross around $20K a year or $14.5K net which is about $600 a pay period.

That's a lot of money. It's a 25% increase because I'm on the 88 which is getting 90 and the bump and what have you. Of course QOL might go down with the work rules changes but let's just focus on the fact I could buy acquire that dreamy F-150 crew cab I've always wanted.

Still going to turn it down based on scope alone. Although I have other reasons too, including pay.

But 255 yesterday becomes 325 tomorrow becomes who knows what later and so on.

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

Every time we vote to outsource more airplanes that can do what we do at mainline we speed up the process of what your picture illustrates.

We will be left scratching our heads asking how we could have been so stupid. Why the ppt presentations given by DALPA didn't work out they way they said it would.

Of course many of the DALPA guys pushing this thing will be gone in ten years. They just want a pay bump of any sort as soon as possible to pad the retirement account. Never mind that if this proposal is sold and voted in it will cause stagnation all the way through the ranks. That whole "more productivity" thing can really bite. Not the correct way to go. Just vote no.