View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 12:43 PM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by vprMatrix View Post
Bar,

The first sentence almost implies that the MEC knows the plan just can't say but the second sentence says that we still don't really know why the company wants the contract done quick.

My take.
I think the answer as to why they want it done quick is that we've reached the point (as you will recall in my predictions around this time last year) that we are forced to move forward on fleet renewal.

One way is outlined through this TA.

The other way is to get the 717's now and kick the DCI refleeting down the road until the 3 to 1 ratio begins and management can hope for significantly expanded scope relief down the road through traditional Section 6.

ACL65's concern is that this TA sets us up for a scope fight in 2015. He's right. We will always be in a scope fight until we recover unity, or lose representational relevance. As long as we allow Palestinians in our Jerusalem we're going to be fighting over territory, count on it.

The way I see it, we've received a bit of an economic gift in the timing of Delta Connection's re-fleeting needs. We can make an interim gain by working with management, or dig in and go for fourth and long yardage. I know our team ... they will remain our team on the field ... quarterback says punt for the win. Not as glamorous as the hail mary pass that gets called back on a foul. But I'll take a win over all the drama.