Thread: You're a 4
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 06:24 AM
TOGA LK
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
I know I am gonna regret this so cue the "we'll get 'em next time crowd".

But...

Our timing will be much much better in 2.5 years. with this extension for the reasons I have stated above, and HOPEFULLY, UniCal will do SOMETHING... and the AMR trainwreck will be solved. (however that goes down) We do not operate in a vacuum, and we are not alone.... yet.

Fire away
T, there won't be much of a next time after we have 325 EMB-170/175, CRJ-700 and MORE 90-seat CRJ-900 with long term lease agreements. I know quite a few pilots at other airlines and no one is proud of the fact we are trading tired 50-seaters for what will be the worst scope in the industry. Mark my word, should this TA pass it will embolden management teams all over to shift the line in the sand and the fallout will be THOUSANDS of 90-seat jets paying a quarter of what a fNWA pilot made under a BK contract flying a DC-9-30. As far as getting them next time, our only chance is now. The only thing this TA and the Moakster will represent for our profession is broke D-scale pilots operating mainline equipment at $80/hr left seat and $24/hr right seat.

Lastly, a certain type of economic event rears its head about every 7 years, I wouldn't bank on favorable conditions in three years. I am connecting the dots, just differently than you. As far as the TA as a whole, too many caveats for management, they will exploit them.