View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Red97Vette
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: UniCal 737 FO

Originally Posted by drrhythm2 View Post
You know, you make some valid points until your last sentence. However, I don't know of anyone here at the ERJ side that thinks Expressjet "saved" ASA. That sounds pretty ridiculous.

You do seem pretty bitter about the name change though.

If it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure the company's were merged onto the ASA certificate, just that the name was changed. So technically your certificate still exists, just with our name on it.

The reality is that Skywest was financially strong enough that they could have bought Expressjet whether or not they had previously purchased ASA. They amount of cash they have right now is actually a little less than the cash they had on hand when they bought you, so had they not purchased ASA, they'd likely be in about the same spot. So while you make a valid point that ASA was part of Skywest when Skywest bought expressjet, it's not roaring profits from ASA were the only enabler of the deal. In fact, has not the Delta CPA been really bad for you guys over the past few years?
I have actually spoken with a few from xjet who do feel like they saved Asa (crazy, as most of us know). I could careless if we use the expressjet name, is far better than surejet. I only brought this up because of the whole savior mentality, ie: the name of the company is also expressjet so we bought asa not the other way around, kind of thinking. I also am well aware that skywest had hundreds of millions in the bank pre Asa and also pre XJET, my point was that Asa actually contributed to some degree through strong profits, unlike XJET who had been loosing money year after year. While airlines seem to stay alive for decades no matter how much money they loose, the writing was on the wall, XJET was on course for a possible ch 11 if it's luck did not turn around, stem the bleeding, and produce profits.

To goaround2000, get a reality check, the rest of the company isn't on edge to throw out alpa over some SLI disagreement. No one wants a usair situation. NO one, you talk as if you think the XJET pilot group will just bully a parent company and all their employees to get what they want no matter what. If everyone over there has your shortsightedness we are all screwed.