Old 06-10-2012, 03:05 PM
rickhouck300
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2012
Position: 777A

Originally Posted by DAL73n View Post
Rick,

Good to see you posting. Don't let some of the rude negative posters allow you to ignore some of the good information that is being put out about the cons in this contract (and there are some serious cons - this is not a slam dunk positive contract and the voting will be close).

Oh, I know, there are negatives, and yeah I know it will be close. I am still on the fence. I go back and forth between the two positions. My son is an ATL 88 FO and he is a definite no, my wife is an ATL 737FO and she is on the fence like me. Just wish I had a gut feeling for what the company will do if we send it back to the negotiators...play ball or drag feet and send it to the NMB eventually. I tend to believe Steve Dickson's June 8th remarks about hiring the last quarter of this year if the TA passes, which makes sense to me to gear up for the 717's coming next year. We are still getting a bunch of MD-90's which are replacing the DC-9's , and we will have to hire a boatload of pilots soon. My oldest son who just got out of the Air Force hopes to be one of them. So yeah, I have all seniority levels covered in this decision.