View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 03:01 PM
dittidano
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Captain of my leather sofa

Most of the Viet Nam baby boomer pilots will reach 60 between 2002 through 2010. It was claimed that there will be a need for 27,000 new pilots within these years. I was tought in school a couple semesters ago that 60% of all major airline pilots will reach 60 before 2010. With that being said, there should be about 23,000 jobs just at majors coming available within the next four years. I dont think that the majors have hardly hired anyone within the last few years, this number seems really high,however,that is what one of my text book claims. If this is true, there is going to be a huge hiring spree. I will try to find a link to support my info that I just stated; when I find it ill post it on here. I know the info was in one of my text books, ill try to find it elsewhere as well. Maybe it will be like Skyhigh said, maybe we really wont see it because of the regionals and low-cost carriers. I might be stating the obvious here but, I think that when all of the baby-boomers are out of the cockpit, this is when we are going to see drastic concessions with the airline industry.

Dittidano