View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 08:35 PM
CL30LAVDMPR
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2011

Originally Posted by UCLAbruins View Post
I am a Netjets' pilot and I think this is GREAT NEWS.... If Citation Shares or Flexjet were the ones announcing a large aircraft order, those pilots would be the ones saying "great news", I promise you....

as for growth at Netjets, I agree with you. NJ is retiring aircraft like crazy and besides some of those challengers will probably end up with Netjets Europe. not much growth

If this order wasn't perceived to be the cause of very recent layoffs, I'd be congratulating you on. It is good for everyone's morale to have some positive news come out. But how many guys at Flex just lost their job 4 days ago? And how many at Citation Air have lost and will lose their's? Come on man, maybe just use your inside voice when expressing your glee while the other guys are trying to figure out what the hell just happened.

And as was mentioned on the other site (or was it here), what if this order was placed simply to squeeze the competition out of business and the intent to take actual delivery does not exist? There seems to be a lot going on here, and it's way to soon to say if this is good or bad news.

We are having our annual State of the Union meetings this week with all the pilots coming through Sacramento...not sure if we'll be told anything of interest. Probably not...