View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:20 AM
SailorJerry
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: A big one that looks like a little one

Originally Posted by ColdWhiskey
The honorable Continental pilots have held the line at 50 seat jet RJs. That may be hard to maintain in the UCAL merger (especially with the Delta 'Lumbergs' trying so hard to give up more 76s).
They won't be able to. Not with LCC running around with what used to be 86 seat jets and AMR with an 1113c term sheet that rivals getting your balls shot off. Think of it this way. A CRJ is a CL-600. If you only look as far as the CL-600 part we're shedding a sizable amount of airframes in this deal. People get all wrapped around the axle that it's a 76 seat jet. Well yes. But it's the same jet as the 50 seat jet. It just has a couple fuselage plugs and some avionics and engine tweaks. Heck - even the engine is still a CF-34 at heart.

So don't fault us for our lousy negotiating because your company is mired in the badlands of a merger about to go bad. I mean - you do know how this whole section 6 RLA ALPA NMB labor thing works right? You realize that airline unions work as a COLLECTIVE bargaining agent. If you think you can demand so much more go ask RA or JS for it directly. You're obviously entitled enough to deserve it. Get real. If you're a Delta pilot this deal is good and is good for everyone on the list. If you're a UCAL pilot then you should be thanking us for being smart enough to negotiate small jet airframe swaps and top end hull counts. On top of the furlough protection and block hour ratio system we will have. I bet your crack management staff could have a few meetings about that and get back to you some time in October. Of 2013. Good luck.

Blows my mind how people can be so blind to the facts. Oh that's right because they spend so much time messing around chest thumping on here.