Old 06-12-2012, 11:38 AM
jcaplins
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2009

Originally Posted by bcrosier View Post
Ditto that. Dirtbag operators like this need to be exposed and shown for exactly who and what they are. Please, for everyone's sake post the name and location of this weasel. If you don't want to do it publicly, private mail me and I'll post it.

There is no excuse for this sort of thing (although I do wonder what in the world you were thinking when you foolishly agreed to any such thing).

I agree, but also need to see the wording of the non-compete. Although non-competes may be enforceable, this one may not if it's too broad or over-reaching. Check with an attorney, it may not be enforceable beyond the region or state.

And don't be too hard on him for signing it. Being desperate or excited for a new job can be overwhelming and we'll sign anything.

I signed one once (non aviation related). It was a 2 year position with the same company I was already with but in a different country. I knew I was coming back to the US and would not be under that contract anymore and there wasn't a non-compete clause in the US employment agreement. I also knew it wouldn't be enforceable because it basically stated I couldn't work for 2 years with any competitor, customer, client, or anyone with any type business relationship or contract with the company or any of their competitors, customers, clients, or business relationships. A couple degrees of separation and you've covered just about every company and person in the world.