View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 02:14 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by CL30LAVDMPR View Post
Until you know the terms of purchase, specifically how many used aircraft the OEMs take off your hands per new delivery, it seems a little premature to gloat so publicly. In the face if those that just lost their jobs and had their worlds rocked? Show some class.

If this order results in growth and recalls, then that is great news for everyone. But if it results in used aircraft getting turned in at a ratio that exceeds deliveries, then maybe you'll understand what I'm trying to say.
Do you apply this same attitude to any growth, expansion, acquisition, etc.... of any industry that might affect your own neighborhood, town/city, county, or state in any industry or do you reserve this feeling for the fractional/airline business solely?

No one here has rejoiced in the fact that some Flex pilots have lost their jobs in the recent past no more than anyone should have clapped their hands at the fact that NJA furloughed nearly 500 of their own pilots. So if new airplane orders might even hint at a comeback and sustainability of the company in general which might result in a recall for even some of those pilots, who are you to be pouring cold water on their chances of getting back to the life they are missing. Don't you have any regard for those pilots? You say above if this results in growth and recalls then that is "great news for everyone", but your attitude seems to be to chastise anyone who is excited about this news.

The OKC Thunder are in the NBA finals (even though I'm not a NBA fan) and the event is probably bringing millions of tourism dollars to the metro-area. Am I suppose to be upset that those dollars aren't going to San Antonio?

USMCFLYR