View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 10:51 AM
sevenfiveseven
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: MD88A

Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
Bologna! It most certainly does help. People need to understand what went very wrong with this TA. It is short sited and does long term damage over the alternative.

I want to point out short term vs long term thinking. Crossing a picket line puts food on the table "for the good of the family" but sabotages the long term goals of the pilot group/industry. I am not saying you are a guy who would cross a picket line but taken as a whole.... selfish, short term thinking has been undermining this industry for too long.

Somebody needs to say enough is enough and start building a long term strategy to lift instead of eat today and forget about tomorrow. Our union refuses to do so.
Your argument is one based on emotion. I do not believe that you are calling me a scab as I am not calling you one. However, you need to take what I said in totality. Make a decision that is best for you, your family, and your career. Crossing a picket line during a strike would not be best for 2 of the 3 listed therefore would not be a good decision.

Your writing is your opinion and that of 5 reps. I am encouraging all to gather as much FACT (read: non emotional) based information as possible from all sides. Yes and No.

Yes, changes need to be made - say it through your vote then stand easy. These strong selling post muddy the waters. Do not forget, in the end, you and I have the same goal of a strong contract for the Delta pilots.

Last edited by sevenfiveseven; 06-14-2012 at 11:18 AM.