View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 06:45 PM
fosters
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by dittidano
Fosters, A first year FO at AWAC makes $23 a hour with a 75 hour monthly guarantee. When you say $600 dollar paychecks, do you mean $600 a month or $600 Bi-monthly? Unless I am doing my math wrong, a FO at AWAC should make $1725 a month guaranteed. Dont get me wrong 1725 a month is still horrible,however, it is a lot better than 600 a month. I take it that you work at AWAC? and you dislike it? It appears to me that AWAC pay is one of the best for regionals. What is the projected upgrade time there?

Dittidano
I don't know where you come from, but where I come from a "paycheck" is the two-week kind, not four-week kind. So, yes, that is every two weeks. Take 37.5 hours X $22.99 = $862 pre tax. Take out Tax, insurance (medical and dental), uniform allowance, and 401(k) and you're left with around $600-$650/paycheck = $1200-$1300/month.

If you do a lot of trips (which everyone is doing regardless of line holder or reserve status) you make $1.45/hr per diem (not taxed). Line holders are gone around 300 hours a month, so plan on another $400/month in perdiem that isn't taxed if you're a lineholder.

Second year pay jumps to $34/hr, but USED to be $39/hr before the concessions. Quite a difference, especially when earning so little. But that $34/hr is still pretty tough to live on!!!

Upgrade right now is around 3 years, which will go down in the next year but then become very stagnent IMO. Unless serious hiring goes on at the majors, this place will be the next eagle. Also, we have priced outselves out of additional flying because our contract is so good. Kinda sucks that a crappy company like Mesa gets the goods and the upgrades, but I guess that's how the world works! Just look at Wal-Mart!

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike it here, but it's just depressing to know that we won't be going anywhere for awhile, that's all...

Last edited by fosters; 01-02-2006 at 06:47 PM.