View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 07:25 AM
LeineLodge
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: DAL FO

Originally Posted by Delta1067 View Post
I'm a DPA member and have not made up my mind on the vote yet. With that being said I really think DPA is getting desperate and will say just about anything these days. I'm almost beginning to distrust their spin as opposed to DALPA's. Their latest is saying that you don't get a "receipt" when you vote. The photo even shows a "receipt" on the confirmation page. I watched my crashpad roommate vote and I saw a receipt and confirmation # appear which he printed out so I'm not sure what DPA is talking about regarding fraud due to no voter receipt?
Same idea as the abortion email. Their desperation is not providing solutions - only that ALPA = Bad. Just trust us, it will be better over here.

I'm about to head over to the site and vote. I'll put my result up here, but I have no concerns about the counting of votes. It's not like the MEC will be tasked with counting a shoebox full of votes. It's an electronic secret ballot.

The only possible way to fully ensure a "clean" vote would be to publish each pilot's voting record for all to see/dispute if necessary after the fact. I think most guys would not be in favor of that. Maybe ALPA should have run a survey on this point to be sure though??? Of course the DPA would just assert that ALPA ignored the survey results . . . .