View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 06:52 AM
goaround2000
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: ERJ145 Captain

Gojet is the bentley of regionals. Good airplanes, great people....and growing.
You can try to put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig!

It just amazes me that people think that quick upgrades and growth are good justifications for an alter-ego. The company was still formed to circumvent a collective bargaining agreement, and the effects are still being felt today. I've yet to meet a gojets pilot that walks around with their head up high, and their ID facing forward. Says something when the people that work there are so embarrassed, don't even get me started on the three occasions that guys have tried to sneak in the back with a Jumpseat form without having the decency to ask if it was ok with me!

And kids listen to this because this is important, gojets was created under such questionable circumstances that both ALPA and Teamsters (the aviation chapter) both rejected their petition for membership. It was the "taxi driver" chapter of the teamsters ironically enough that gave them an opportunity; the chapter that represents gojets is not the same as RAH, or any other airline. If that doesn't tell you anything I don't know what will!!!

There's a couple of their recruiters that post here about how great gojets is, nothing could be further from the truth. They hire the weak sheep, because that's what Hulas likes, pilots that say please "bend me over" time and time again.