View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 10:23 AM
IQuitEagle
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: B767F FO

Originally Posted by doofenshmirtz View Post
Um ok, yeah turboprops are perfectly fine with me for the right amont of coin and quality of life, I would rather see RJ flying at mainline, thats the point of my post. If we all justify that the place we are going is crappy but I will get in the left seat quick well you know the rest.... SCOPE saves our future, I vote take it all back, but it will never happen, so I will fight for the best contract I can get to pass it on to those who come after me. I will not however be recycled into some other sub par airline and include myself in the race to the bottom
And you don't see the hypocrisy in your outlook? That is my point. The fact that you are willing to fly an RJ is an example of how you are contributing to the race to the bottom. Imagine if everyone refused to fly RJ's at regionals?

So then, why do you do it? To get experience and move on...hmmm...

And I wonder, do you work at TSA? If you do, do you really think that it is not a "sub-par" regional??!! Funny, ask the old school Eagle guys what they think about that...

I am of the opinion that all regionals suck, no one regional has more LASTING leverage than another; they are there, for the most part, to provide experience to be able to move on. But if you insist on pretending that YOUR regional is somehow better, well, whatever helps you sleep at night, I suppose...