View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 05:49 PM
rotorhead1026
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: The Far Side

Duks, if you're still interviewing I wouldn't go paperless at this point. Use the e-log as a backup and "totaler". As you enter your data you'll be amazed at just how many math errors have crept in over the years.

To be sure, most North American outfits will accept printouts, but if you ever decide to fly overseas (Asia, Africa, South America) you'll find the paper logs very useful. Don't give 'em up.

SafeLog, Logbook Pro, and LogTen Pro all have IPad sync apps, but for all practical purposes have to have a "base" program on a PC (or Mac, in the case of LogTen). LogTen Pro can be run as a standalone on a IPad, but in my case I had to get my old database converted by the vendor; had I been running the Mac version I could have done it myself.

I originally started using an e-log in March of 1999, adding new records as I slowly copied old entries. I finished just before Thanksgiving - about 5500 entries total. It was worth it. Yeah, most of these third world carriers want paper eventually, but it's nice to be able to create a flight time report in .pdf format and send it off during the application process.