View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 06:21 AM
Red97Vette
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: UniCal 737 FO

Originally Posted by XJT Pilot View Post
Hey, Red i'll just keep what I have then. Still one if the best contracts in the industry, and u guys can keep your delta flying. Oh snap! What did I just read your 200's R gonna B parked? Enjoy the street till U come around and when you do we will welcome you back as the team play the majority expects. Wake up son and realize were dug in and ready to battle with management to keep what we have and if we as a group stick together there's nothing you can say to get us to step down to your world.

ASA looked at our books and bid on UAL flying and aquired a 10 year CPA. So they could make a profit under our current contract then why not now? You don't go into it with the belief your gonna take away. You have to plan for increas in cost. Now to the meat and potatoes and my point, your ATP cost money and without them there is no ASA/EXPRESSJET remember that guys this company need your ticket and what are you willing to sell your sweet and sacrifice for?
Wow.

1. The TA hasn't even passed yet.
2. Even if it does no one knows who's 200's are going to be parked, or how many from each carrier. So me being on the "street" isnt going to happen. In my situation over 50% of ASA would need to be parked.
3. The TA calls for an increase in 70 and 76 seat aircraft (not as many to offset the loss of the 200's buts its a step in the right direction).
4. You act as if United will forever be in love with your old 50 seat ERJ's. EVERYONE knows 50 seat airplanes are going to be parked and larger RJs are the future, its economics. Hmmmm, isnt ALL of L-XJT's airplanes 50 seaters? I'd be concerned... (dont expect all your 50's to be replaced with larger airframes overnight, when they start shedding the 50's you will be in ASA's position, possibly shrinking)
5. The TA that Delta is proposing isnt out of left field. The wind down of the 200 flying was going to happen, everyone knew it and has for a while.
6. Continental pilots want all their outsourced flying back. Their union (also ALPA) was pushing to retract all your flying pre merger with United. You act as if your contract is iron clad and there are no exceptions that allow for a decrease in your airframes (either a strait reduction or a 2 for 1 or worse, etc type deal). Nothing is certain other than the dumb fat and highest paid pilots in the regional sector usually dont sit there forever. Then have fun on the "street."

Have fun "digging in" and "getting ready for battle." You sound like like a 5 year old kid in a candy store crying to his mommy. Everyone wishes you'd just S T F U.

In my above post I was making a logical observation and drawing some obvious conclusions. Have fun "digging in" though.