View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 10:21 AM
SoCalGuy
Keep Calm Chive ON

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787
Default "ALL is normal, remain calm"

Disclaimer: This post is NOT meant to start a fire storm, nor pin one Legacy Group vs another. It is merely brought to light to exemplify how screwed up Mgt is in what they call a "Merger". Pure evidence of day to day operations floundering along pi$$ing off not only the employee groups, but more importantly the paying $$PAX$$.

The rumor on the street is that LAX MX/Ops has been having a complete meltdown this month. Can anyone confirm/share eye witnessed stories, or events??

So far this month, I have 'heard' that a B757-300 (one of the NONE ETOPS -300 birds) was dispatched, and flew pax-revenue from LAX to the "Islands" before the error was caught.

I also just got an email fwd'ed from a Pilot (L-CAL) who witnessed Ops/MX actually 'loose' an a/c out in LAX.....No where to be found for several hours. In that same email, apparently L-UA MX, in error, turned wrenches on a L-CAL plane....even ordered 'wrong parts' for that aircraft. Again....NOT pointing fingers at the "worker-bee" level, just bringing to light the continued lack of Leadership/Management/Customer Service that continues to derail the entire process.

Part of the email mentioned earlier:

GET this ... Flt 3 was cancelled at 945PM last night. Customers were ****ed off -- can you blame them? They'd been here since 0800! Also, 2 inbound HNLLAX were cancelled last night. Cancelling flights left and right out of here, equip swaps about an hour before departure! AND the infamous a/c # 863 (WAS FLT 3 yesterday) .. has gone "missing in action". I think MX finally found it and is now making it's way to the terminal. HOW do you lose a plane????

But.. I did hear after the a/c was no good after UA MX had it all day long.. CO MX took back "possession" of it to finish the work.

OMG .. we truly are doomed! Back to the nightmare!

Chat later.

Also embedded in the same email.....

Omg. Check out flifo on 3 today. Ua Mx worked on plane in error????!!! Ordered wrong part and never adv ops of anything. Thank goodness socc kept us in the loop. All we were told "the plane is going, we do not know when ". We are doomed