View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 05:25 PM
PinnacleFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: CRJ Captain

What I think SlapHappys problem is is that he is part of our generation that I like to call the instant gratification generation. "As long as my company grows now, I am happy." No one cares about the future anymore. Sure, growth is great for your company and its great for you to move up the seniority list and get a better schedule, but is it great for you in the long run that your company (and other regionals) fly jets as big as a small DC-9? Do me a favor, take a look at payscales for that small DC 9 from the 90's and compare them to your W2 from Skywest, and then tell me what is happening in our industry is a good thing for you. I don't have the numbers off hand, but I know they weren't flying them for 19 dollars an hour. I look at 747 captains in the airport now adays and I am almost ashamed at what we do because we walk around in our regional jets with our spiky hair and our laptops and pda's, while when they were our age, they were either at war, or flying a piece of crap cargo plane sacrificing so that one day they could have enough hours to start making the big bucks. Sure, times have changed, but I believe we as a pilot group have to start realizing that we have to do something about this industry so that one day, we WILL make 300000 a year again because that is what we deserve. We move millions of people safely around the world each day and are away from our familys days at a time and right now, we are getting insulted with what we get paid. Skywest might be a good place to work, but not good enough for 19.02 per hour