View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 07:55 AM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by SailorJerry View Post
There's a time and place for this type of thing. It's in closed session at an MEC meeting and an issue that's handled in private.
If I could post Tom's letter, you'd see that he didn't attack anyone. He simply stated exactly where the MEC admin's road show is producing false information. That's not only his right, it's why we elected him. The MEC chairman works for Tom and the other reps...not the other way around. But I know this is a big cultural difference between the way our two groups ran their unions. Tim's letter however DID personally attack Tom, and that shouldn't have been done either publicly or privately.

Being the first one to jump and make something public doesn't make it true.
It is Tom's duty to make facts public to his constituents. That's why we elected him...not to keep the truth hidden for the concept of MEC unity.

That's not of the rocking chair mindset. That's the "best for the greater good" mindset. Which mindset do you have?
My mindset is one of wanting to know the truth. You said: "True or not" it shouldn't have been made public due to divisiveness. That's burying your head in the sand and setting yourself up for huge disappointment.

You may want a union where a single chairman drives the ship, but I don't. I want the truth...and I want it public.

Carl