View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 03:38 AM
aero550
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Citation II

Originally Posted by StrackAttack View Post
no not boring at all, that really helps me out, ill shoot for that path and hopefully i will meet some people along the way, so it sounds like you never became a CFI. how old were you when you started flying co pilot in the baron/navajo? So i take it you never go a degree? All of your information will really help me, thanks
No, I never became a CFI and I never finished college. I can't say that's the best way to go - It's just worked out for me, so far. Not having a degree concerns me a little and I take an occasional stab at going back, but it's hard to focus on it with work and family swirling around me.

I was 24 when I started the charter co-pilot thing. And again, I was very lucky to be brought on with only 400 hours and it was only because they knew me pretty well. I definitely recommend getting the CFI to keep the hours churning away if nothing else comes up.

And as birdcage says, don't discount the airlines, as well. They are very cyclical and appear to be poised for an upswing in the near future and your timing could be right.