View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 05:53 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

There was a time when the Delta of old would refuse to serve places where corruption, or safety issues, made it impossible to maintain Delta's standards for ethical business practices and care.

The article refers to the very high level of illegal trade in prohibited substances coming through the airport. Since the money comes in from the U.S. my guess is that most of the shipments go north. Anyone want to be the Captain that flies 40 pounds of Cocaine to the U.S. ? ... me either. With the way laws are written a person could be in a lot of trouble for something they "should have known" even if they had no knowledge of the illegal action they took. Would Delta defend a crew member, or push them under the bus of prosecution to save their own skin?

There certainly is a risk for the flight crews if drugs or contraband is loaded on board the airplane, or heaven forbid, another hijacking. If gangsters can shoot up the food court it is a short walk to board a plane. Hell only knows what goes on below wing. I would like a stateside based Delta employee watching the action from ground level, similar to the operation El Al employs at JFK.

Maybe it is time to pull out of that place until the situation stabilizes.