View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 08:04 PM
CaptainCarl
I'm a man of my word.

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by mattressmonkey:1219431
Originally Posted by What View Post
What do you mean it was harder than you were expecting, the things you mentioned above made it hard? I guess I am a bit confused about what made the test difficult?
Interviewed in the past few weeks, so here's my two cents. Without my avatar. Because the Mods took it away. For reference, I have been a pilot for 12 years, the past 5 with a regional jet carrier and was offered a 1900 Captain position.

Not trying to be harsh, but if you want to be a 121 pilot this is the game. Some have it, some don't.

This is for the guys interviewing for 1900 FO, because as per phone conversation TODAY all DEC (captain) positions are filled for now. I had my hopes up for Capt on the Saab and those Bahamas overnights.

1) Don't stress about the written. It's basic IFR with ATP questions thrown in. Look over a Jepp approach legend if you normally use fed charts.

2) Don't stress about the sim. Yea, you will be all over the place but if you know how to do a DME hold or a P/B/D hold and can shoot an ILS, you're good.

Essentially- You're either a IFR pilot or not.

3) Do stress about quality of life. If you are single, move to base and befriend a local golf pro, bartender, church group, bicycle riding group, cosmetology school dropout turned stripper, biker gang, tennis league, or interpretive dance company. Whatever your fancy. Bloom where you are planted. Married? Kids? Move them to Middle of nowhere PA or don't see them. Your choice. it'd sure suck to come home once every two weeks to your wife and somebody else's kids.

Peace, love, and pinicillian,

Monkey.
Dotdotdotdotdotdotfillerdotdotdot.

Last edited by CaptainCarl; 06-26-2012 at 08:17 PM.