View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 12:51 AM
FlyingNasaForm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: G550 & CL300 PIC

Originally Posted by ryfitzger227 View Post
After I get my PPL, my gift will be a down payment for a Cirrus SR20. So I'm going to continue gaining hours in that, but I'm also going to stay away from getting certificates. (As requested from the college I want to go to).
Get an IFR C-152 (or something similar, maybe even a tail dagger). Piston single engine flight time is piston single engine flight time. A C-152 is much simpler so it will not break as often, will be less expensive to insure, maintain, and fly due to low fuel consumption.

You need flight time and low costs, not speed and looks.

You'll be a much better instrument pilot if you learn and teach on a 6 pack with no moving map. I've flown with people who have never flown anything but glass, they can't revert to basic navigation when the computers mess up or fail.

Originally Posted by ryfitzger227 View Post
Next, I'll enroll into Liberty University's School of Aeronautics, in Lynchburg, VA, to get my Bachelors in Science of Aeronautics - With my concentration on Corporate/Commercial Aviation.
A 4 year degree is a 4 year degree. No one cares if it's in aviation. Get a degree in something other than flying as a backup. You could also consider getting your A&P.

Good luck!