View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 07:42 AM
SteveCostello
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Web Designer/Developer
Default Non-flight work and job satisfaction...

Two quick questions I have as I consider the possibility of working towards a corporate aviation career:

1.) What are corporate fliers doing when they aren't flying, studying, simming, flight planning, or otherwise directly involved with the flight operations of the company aircraft?

2.) There is a lot... a LOT... of job dissatisfaction on APC from those in Part 121 operation. The folks that are unhappily employed (or... have decided to leave the field, but still hang around here for years, for some reason) spread a fairly dark cloud over this place, and I can certainly see why. Does that same cloud darken Part 91 and Part 135 operations to the extend it does for commercial ops? Sure... the experience is different everywhere, some places are not going to be great, some places are excellent. But the cloud over the commercial operations is pretty darned pervasive, and it seems like they are always in deep IMC with regards to their career outlook. Is it at least MVFR over here in the 91/135 world?