View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Velocipede
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: 737NG CA

Originally Posted by SkyHigh View Post
Well what else am I supposed to do? What else is the majority of regional pilots supposed to do? Are you saying that we are expected to lay our careers down for the privileged major airline guys? I can see that it is the way that every scab thinks. It is about survival.

Most of us don't have a choice if we expect to have a career at all.

SkyHigh
You stay with your Union regional until you can make the jump to a Union carrier. Your survival isn't in question. By going to a B6, VX or Skybus POS airline, you're looking for a quick upgrade and some narrow body flight time.

Go to a cargo operator. Go overseas. Get a second job to make ends meet. When I started at my airline we had a 5 year B scale. I flew for the Reserves to pay my bills. I averaged a day and a half off a month.

But, I didn't go to a non-Union scumbag airline that was undercutting Union contract. That's because I knew to do so was to stab the profession in the back.

If you do that, you'd better pray there isn't someone like me sitting on your interview board. Because you'll get shown the door lickety split.