Old 01-03-2006, 02:26 PM
370flyer

TACAMO...Thanks for posting the information about the contract flying in Japan. I was wondering about that situation with the incapacitation and this Treaty. I wanted to ask about this Treaty, but how do you ask your contract hiring company about this without giving away your hand? Looks from you buddy with the ANA contract that all's well with living and flying in Japan, it comes to some sort of relief when I sign the contract.

Halfbanks...Good luck with your interview with Southern Air. I just got an call from them (C.G) this morning, that several slots have opened up and if I would reconsider and attend the interview this week. I politely declined and told her that I took another offer to fly overseas instead..."JOKINGLY" adding that using the "Aero Service" B-737-400 simluator - Ol' Sparky, for the sim-check was the main reason I declining the invitation (Yes, if I was really going to the interview or ever apply to Southern again, I would have never said that). She said that they would waive that portion for me, as they have already notified several other candidates. But I still declined with a chuckle. They must be "really-really" short of candidates, which means good news for you folks going to the interview. By the way, I stayed at the Comfort Inn on 36th Street for a couple of days near Aero Service a last year (in a pinch, you can walk there), they had a really cheap rate with a crew/military discount, downside, place is old, rooms kind of smelled and the van service is a bit unreliable on time (but they have airport pickup and to the sims, saves you the rental car), but for one night and the price is right, you might be able to gut it out. There's a couple of hotels on Fairway Drive near Aero Service which looked a lot better. Anyway...Good Luck!