Thread: DL to get new contract soon

Free Bird , 07-02-2012 06:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Free Bird
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2008
Quote: I was honest with myself from day 1. I decided what I was willing to take and stuck with it. Bill Lumberg cannot say that. He set his personal minimum, then let the salespersons have their way with him. Actually, that can be said for 62 percent of our pilot group.
I certainly don't blame other pilots for voting "Yes", it is a difference of opinion. I do think that hockey has a point that some don't want to acknowledge though.

Consider these points:

18% pay raise

increased ALV and reserve utilization = fewer pilots required

Large RJ's to increase from 255 to 325

Off the top of my head, maybe 15-20% of the guys I fly with would of admitted to voting "Yes" on the above 6 months ago. Most wanted a 20% raise up front, as a minimum. I've never met one pilot who told me we should give away more 70+ seat RJ's.

I'll agree to disagree with the "Yes" voters, but to not acknowledge a "sell" job by DALPA and it's persuasion over the Delta pilots is also a bit naive imo. The amount of chest thumping in regards to "Scope" protection from this group on this web board 1 year ago or even 6 months ago was impressive. In the last 6 weeks it has undoubtedly died down.