View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

CVG767,

My thoughts exactly. Wonder how many of those cities' declines could be directly attributed to McKinsey's work to outsource labor? McKinsey's people were typically long on middle of the pack Harvard grads who lacked any common sense or experience. They could case study anything, but could not account for the real variables that make a business run, or which encourage customers to return to that business.

When Mullin was with McKinsey they reorganized my employer ... McKinsey & Co. had just finished the Delta re-org under Ron Allen ... as a joke I got a copy of the Delta Re-org chart and cut out my Company's logo and pasted it to the top. A "Top Secret" unveiling was held in the Company garage.

It was a complete shock to us 9 months and $60,000,000.00 later (in 1993 $) when McKinsey's real re-org chart matched my "Joke Chart" precisely. They simply rehashed the same model over and over again. We went from being the most profitable in our business to having serious liquidity problems in just under three years. Fortunately McKinsey had not yet discovered the tool of bankruptcy to destroy defined benefit plans, so at least those employees retained their pensions.

Mostly McKinsey exists to do things that managers with any loyalty are afraid to do for themselves ... i.e. fire people & outsource labor.

Last edited by Bucking Bar; 07-03-2012 at 11:25 AM.