Old 07-04-2012, 11:04 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by cactiboss View Post
I don't think you are looking at this logically. AMR's plan didn't work with your gutted contract, you think it will work better with less concessions i.e more expensive labor? After this deal labor will be much more expensive than Horton had planned on, making the usair offer even more attractive. Don't get me wrong the 6 year term is bull and I hope the apa get's enough leverage to change that provision.
I think you've been suckered in by the best and seem to be taking a lot of line (Quint would be yelling at me to pour water on the reel). AMR is NOT in bankruptcy NOW because of neccesity, but by CHOICE and for one reason only; to GUT labor (and not just to competitive lavels, but the lowest in the industry). All of us are aware our old "gutted" contract was no longer competitive, but what the TA offers is threat of death at any time in the future to the junior half. What YOU don't understand (and it's not your fault), is this TA is littered with so much ambiguous language, many provisons mean little, aside from the virtual blank check on outsourcing abilities via code-sharing and "commuter flying" (79-seat Etops capable airliners).

Originally Posted by cactiboss View Post
P.S. we haven't seen Parkers official offer yet butI guarantee you it will blow away Horton's plan by a wide margin
Parkers plan won't matter as he'll never get to present it. If the TA is ratified, AMR will maintain control throughout the process and exit stand-alone. THEN, if there is a U merger, it will be a deal between Horton and Parker for THEIR mutual benefit, not mine or yours. IF it's in their best interests, you'll be working under this TA too........well, those of you still employed.

Do you have a no-furlough clause ?

They can whack 10% of us the minute they exit and Horton and Parker make an announcement. Partial mergers/fragmentation ?

Well, let's not go there......too scary. How about if Horton passes up U (or some of it) and goes toward Jet Blue ?

What's that do for you and the USAPA follies in perpituity ?

No, I think the best bet for PILOTS (ALL affected pilots) is Parker getting his foot in the door while AA is still in chapter 11 and us under the U/APA CLA (unfortunately, I think it's already a done deal between them and it will be palatable to both once AA exits stand-alone). Us on the other hand..........well, if the TA is ratified, it will be bad for all.