Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

MrBojangles , 07-06-2012 10:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off
MrBojangles
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2012
Quote: Could it be better for our new hires? Of course, but lets remember a few things. First, with over 15K apps on file in 2008 no one was going to turn down a DAL job over crappy first year pay or having to scout out a crash pad for four weeks of their 30+ year career. No one. It is not the best choice, but not one that would make someone decline a position. Not at CAL not having health insurance and crappy pay for six months and a year respectively. I know that I chose DAL over them, but that was not the only reason. Some would not even apply to them for that item.

First year pay stunk. I made 22K in eight months. I made over double that in three months at my previous job. I knew it was going to be a significant change and I planned accordingly. Being at the house with a new born and in new hire training was stressful, but again, better than paying for a hotel or crash pad. It was a few weeks out of my life. Was it most desired? Nope, but worth the prize which was a job at the premier global airline.

I have more than made up for this pay and lack of hotel in my time here. Most of you would agree.

If we want it fixed, we should make it a priority, but I highly doubt that most will be willing to make it a top priority. If anyone decides not to take a DAL job because of it, they are crazy.
I agree 100%. I'm not saying I'd give up my dream job just because I have to pay for a hotel, but it was definitely an additional stress to some of the people in my class.