Old 07-08-2012, 11:22 AM
cactiboss
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2008

I hate to burst you guys bubble but it will be Usair taking over. I had the pleasure of speaking with a west guy that is a sme involved in the process, here is what he had to say. The UCC as is their fiduciary responsibility want a complete amr plan to compare against Parker's plan. Amr's plan will have to include finalized labor deals, whether abrogated by the courts or voted on by rank and file to be compared with Parker's (or anyone else's offer). As I assumed the more expensive the labor deal the worse Horton's plan will look. The UCC is in constant contact with Parker and has been told Parker's offer will be "substantial", no details have been shared for competitive reasons but the expectation is that once labor costs are locked in and horton's plans finalized, Parker will submit his competing plan to the UCC. Again the word "substantial" was used when describing Parker's expected offer to the UCC. As you guys speak of numbers don't forget Parker's plan would make AA the #1 airline in the entire east coast by a wide margin (not just the NYC area), #1 in the midwest, #3 in the west and the largest airline in the world.