Old 07-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Flyby1206
SDQ Base Chief

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA

Originally Posted by cactiboss View Post
I didn't mean #1 in NYC I meant #1 on the east coast as whole and by a wide margin. You are underestimating the value of all the other east coast centers where aa would be #1 besides NYC and the effect that would have on combined revenues.
I think DCA is a great business market, and the CLT hub is valuable to the AA network as a connection hub for the southeast, but both of those are limited to domestic service. I cant see any major international presence out of CLT beyond a few token flights to LHR and maybe MAD. 50/50 split between AA/US and BA/IB metal.

PHL serves as an international hub for US, but I dont think it will make the cut as a major part of the AA international network. Again, I could see token international flights to Europe hubs, and decent value in PHL as a domestic connect point for people in the northeast. PHL can support flights to places like PWM/MHT/ALB/etc, while JFK slots need to create more revenue. JFK will remain the international focus, with only domestic service to primary airports (LAX/MIA/etc).

I am not discounting the network that US brings to the table, but I dont think it can support the financial promises that Parker is making.