View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 04:35 AM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by georgetg View Post
I'm pretty sure SkyWest showed their cards today and they won't be a DCI operator in 2017...

I'd imagine SkyWest will now provide more money for Parker to help bankroll the USAirways AMR tie-up in exchange for the lions share of the Jumbo RJ outsourcing at the combined carrier...

Cheers
George
Well, I have a couple of thinking thoughts.

Now we see what the problem with the C-Series is. They didn't design an E75 size variant. They did an Apple and built the product they wanted but forgot the part where the product still has to be something people would buy. If there was a 70-95 seat version of the C-Series I bet Skywest would've bought it.

See inho if youre going to design a jet like the C-Series today you need to design it as a scope buster. An airplane that economically still fits inside a scope clause like the MRJ, E75 and CR9 but at the drop of a hat it can sit so many more. Then build a 130 seat version of the same plane. That'd give you a distinc advantage over any A&B offering.

Now the MRJ can pull that scope clause trick, Embraer can still do it too, but ot sure if Bombardier can or not. Kind of hope not because I'd love for their not to be a question as to where the super cool C-Series belongs.

I think we're going to miss when RJs were just 50 seaters.