Old 02-23-2007, 06:23 AM
FreightDawgyDog
Trust but Verify!!

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: MD11 CRA

So the question is what can we do about this? If the union tells you you shouldn't do it, and you do it voluntarily anyway, doesn't that at least approach the level of scab-like behavior? To be clear I do not think guys flying disputed pairings are scabs, but their behavior certainly makes me wonder if we could count on them to not cross a picket line one day. At the very least, they are wasting all our dues money spent on the SIG, and more importantly they are undercutting whatever legitimacy the SIG has when talking to the company. Maybe if all we do is publish a list of disputed pairings flown after the fact then it isn't very important anyway. I am contacting my rep about turning up the heat here with publishing names of voluntary disputed pairing flyers and/or seeing if we can fine them as well. In the meantime, I know a couple of these guys and I will be asking them if they know why the SIG exists and why they think they know better than the SIG about what constitutes pairings that may be unsafe. I am really sick of our own pilots selfishness and love of Brazilian women (or men?) being put above what is best for the other 4900 of us.