View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 12:03 PM
WS6flyer
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: SR20left& Mazda6 left

Originally Posted by jerjon7 View Post
I went to aviator, there time building is not to bad, like air America fuel reimbursement is poor, for the time builders, they normally have u fly 6-12am or 12-6am blocks. As for pic time, as a safety pilot u can log pic time minus the taxi runup and takeoff, as safety pilot u can not log cross country time, only the sole manipulator. As long as u get in good with the dispatch lady, sometimes u can get flights normal times, they can take the plane away from u if there is something more important it is needed for, I did about 60-70 hours in just over a week, it's fun, but if u have a little time to have more fun, like getting out and exploring the places u land do that, I was on a timeline so I rushed through it, had a great time tho, good luck!!
Thanks for the info everyone so far. jerjon were you able to schedule a block of time to take the airplane across the country if you wanted or was it only during those night blocks. bcpilot what do you mean about the strict rules at Air America could you elaborate a little bit? Phalanxo at my school there is not an opportunity to be a MEI. There are about 10 or so other instructors ahead of me for MEI school. But i will get my MEI on the side.

Thanks,

WS6