View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 07:37 AM
xjtguy
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by gtechpilot View Post
The only time Flight Line truly uses globalization is when unstacking is utilized and then only for the bottom 50% of the pilots bidding.
That's funny, because as I said, the most adamant cheerleaders SWEAR it doesn't use globalization of ANY kind.

The below was asked, and you answered with what I put below that. So the question is, will it withhold a trip from a senior pilot when a junior pilot has vacation or training so the junior pilot can meet the credit window? Is the senior pilot being denied a specific pairing and is it being awarded to a junior pilot in those cases.

Originally Posted by IrishNJ View Post
I thought the PBS over there was strictly seniority based?
Originally Posted by gtechpilot View Post
I can think of four scenarios where this can happen:

#2 - The person junior has vacation and bids vacation low - during the summer, you would have to get four four-day trips whereas they would only have to get two four-day trips. Unfortunately, the only way to fix this one would be to get rid of vacation low!

#3 - You have training and it conflicts with trips you could be assigned but the junior pilot has no conflicts. We currently only get 4 hours of credit per day of training meaning yearly recurrent is only worth 16 hours when you bid. This one honestly should have been negotiated to include the CBT credit (~4 hours) or with the option for a higher virtual credit.

#4 - Either you have a carry over pairing that causes conflicts or they have a carry over pairing that gives just enough credit. I honestly think there should be a union controlled over-ride on this one.