View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 01:46 PM
chrisreedrules
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by bcrosier View Post
I'll second that. I can think of several people I went through college with (in the aviation program) who gave up due to the lack of pretty much ANY flying job.

I can think of a number more who would have loved to know where all of these mythical "1980's students" were, because they certainly weren't at the airports they were CFI'ing at. It seems to me that the last decade or so has had an abundance of zero-to-hero and ab-initio programs compared to what there were in the 1980's (again, just my impression, but I was there then).
There are definitely more "zero-to-hero" programs around these days... but from what I've see they are almost as slow as the mom n' pop flight schools. Like I said before, these are hard times for low-time pilots. I've been considering getting a part-time job elsewhere just to help pay the bills. Part91 KA time is great and all. But when your only getting about 15 hours a month and that all you have going... gotta find something else. I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple places but I've exhausted just about everywhere within an hour-and-a half's drive. Gotta finish that CFI/CFII/MEI :/