View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 08:31 AM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by SailorJerry View Post
You're exactly right. DCI carriers refusing to participate in the master plan are quickly excluded from the party. My guess is that we may see Skywest exit voluntarily in the late stage of our new PWA depending on what kind of deals they obtain in the LCC/AMR merger. If they can pick up their marbles and move, they will.

The other thing to remember is that typically the 50 seaters are just marginally profitable for the DCI carriers to operate themselves. No second run DCI contract provided margins much better than 1-3%. Any resistance from Slywest may result in their 50 fleet getting the Freedom treatment.

While Atkin may be smooth under pressure, it'll only last so long. Basically until his ship sinks. This article is just the first chink in the armor.

I guarantee that Delta would never have put their plan on our table without written consent from all the DCI carriers. They'd be nuts to do so. Or maybe they thought the TA wouldn't pass. Ha. Ooops.
There has been some rumblings of some announcement early next year that does not include DAL. No idea what it is, but have been hearing that JA may be ready to move on his stand alone plan. Time will tell I guess.